Will in-hub lessons and small group tutoring still be running?
We have now moved all our regular small group tutoring classes online. If you are a current student with us, you will have been notified via email and text of this change. You still have access to your tutor in your regular scheduled class time, as the lessons move to a conferencing format.
We also have lots of online resources available for you to access during your class and outside of it, including quizzing, notes, workbooks and resources through Canvas.
We will be announcing a whole new range of online tutoring options for students in the coming weeks.
How do online tutoring lessons work?
If you are attending your scheduled tutoring lesson online, you need to make sure your Canvas login is active. All your notes and class resources are available on Canvas. You can log in to Canvas HERE
To join your class, we will have a link to Zoom conferencing in your Canvas course. Please click the link and set up your conference connection at the time your class would normally start. Your tutor will be online with you to go through the normal lesson process. That’s it! You’re online.
Can I still book Homework Help
Yes! If you are a currently enrolled student, you can absolutely still book homework help, this process will also be moving online, so you will have a one to one call with a tutor, at the time you book through our homework help booking system HERE
You will be sent a calendar invite and a link to the conference call when you place your booking.
I don’t have access to the right technology or a good wifi connection, can I still use the Learning Hub?
Yes, you can still attend the learning hub if you need access to wifi, or you don’t have a laptop or phone with video conferencing capabilities. However please be advised that the hubs are only minimally staffed, and tutors are working from home.
We have a number of iPads and a very small number of laptops that we can make available for student use in our learning hubs, so that you are able to effectively join your tutoring lesson online.
Please note: we are restricting the number of people in the hubs to a maximum of 40, to make sure that strict social distancing can still be maintained.
What processes are in place in the hubs?
To keep our learning hubs healthy,
- We have compulsory hand sanitiser stations at the entrances.
- We are rigorously disinfecting all surfaces before and after each class
- We have implemented higher levels of cleaning throughout our hubs including door handles and shared surfaces
- We offer small group classes which have lower maximum student numbers than many other tutoring businesses in Sydney.
- We have implemented distancing between students in classes
- We are requiring any students who feel ill, or are showing cold and flu symptoms to attend their classes online.
- For the safety of all our staff and students, if you have any symptoms or have been in touch with anyone who has travelled overseas and is in self-isolation or has a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend classes at a learning hub. We will arrange online learning to keep you up to date.
We will be messaging any further updates as they happen, so please check back!